- Why are My Knees Dark?
- How to Get Rid of Dark Knees
- Lemon Juice
- Aloe Vera
- Baking Soda and Water Mixture
- A Mixture of Lemon, Castor Oil and Glycerin
- Sugar and Mineral Oil – Coconut Oil, Olive Oil & Castor Oil
- How to Lighten Dark Knees and Elbows – Fast, Permanently
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Skin Lightening Creams, Pills and Injections
- Treatment for Dark Knees and Elbows
Why are my knees dark? Get more insights on how to get rid of dark knees and elbows, through lightening treatment and use of the best home remedies fast in one week.
Dark knees and elbows can degrade your beauty heights. This is when you find it inconvenient to wear short skirts and sleeveless tops. However, this is not the end of everything, you can lighten your dark knees and elbows naturally at home or using skin lightening products.
Why are My Knees Dark?
There are some cause of dark kneed and elbows. These areas have thicker skin which is more elastic as compared to the rest of the body. Therefore, it tends to dry and darken more due to dead skin build up. Frequent rubbing and too much exposure to the sun is also a reason for dark knees and elbows.
Too much exposure of skin to sun causes production of melanin in the skin which is a dark substance which protects it against UV radiations from the sun. The elasticity of skin at the elbows and knees makes it susceptible to wrinkles and build up dead skin cells.
How to Get Rid of Dark Knees
You can lighten dark knees naturally with home remedies or use the best skin whitening creams, lotions and soap. Natural ingredients are recommended as safe and cost effective compared to chemical treatments. Here are the best ways on how to lighten dark knees and elbows naturally at home.
There are many uses of lemon juice and skin bleaching is one of it. Here are steps on how to whiten dark skin on the knees and elbows using lemon.
- Use lemon as an exfoliant: Take 2 tablespoon of natural sugar, 1teaspoon lemon juice and 1 egg white. Mix the three ingredients together until a thick paste is formed. Gently scrub your skin around the knees in a circular motion following a gentle massage. Take 10-15 minutes before washing off with warm water. Let it dry and apply a skin moisturizer.
- Lemon skin lightening mask: Make a mixture of 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon sandalwood paste, 1 tablespoon tomato juice and 1 tablespoon cucumber juice. Apply the paste on your elbows for 15-20 minutes and rinse with warm water before applying a moisturizer. If your skin is dry mix equal amount of lemon juice, honey and 2 drops of essential oils instead.
- Obtain lemon fruit and make slices. Squeeze the juice and apply on the skin using a clean cotton ball. Using warm water, wash off after 20 minutes. Alternatively, you can spray the juice on your knees and elbows or rub the slices directly without extracting the juice.
Lemon is a natural antioxidant and antibacterial. Lemon juice is rich in Vitamin C which are effective for skin lightening, clearing dark spots, acne marks and dark patches on face. Vitamin C has been scientifically proven to reduce the amount of melanin produced and therefore suitable for treatments on how to get rid of dark knees.
Note that, lemon is allergic to some skin types. It can cause a burning sensation while directly applied to sensitive skin. It is also eye irritating and you need to be careful while using it to avoid contact with your eyes.
Aloe vera is scientifically proven to possess antioxidant property making it suitable for skin care. It is therefore a key ingredient in most skin care products and cosmetics. It helps in treating different kind of skin conditions. Pigmentation, dark spots, acne scars and marks are among what it cures.
Dark knees and elbows caused by sunburn and hyperpigmentation can best be removed using aloe vera. You are not going to get instant results while using home remedies and you ought to be patient and persistence. Here are procedures on how to get rid of dark knees and elbows using aloe vera.
- Cut the outer layers of an aloe vera leaf. Squeeze out the thick, jelly-like substance.
- Apply the gel thoroughly on your skin and perform a gentle massage.
- Leave it on for about 30 minutes, and then wash it off with water.
- Do this at least twice daily for two weeks to realize a positive change on your skin.
- Be careful to avoid the substance getting into your eyes to prevent irritation.
- Alternatively go for cosmetics and skin care products packaged with aloe vera.
- Consult a specialist to conduct allergic reactions before use of aloe vera gel or juice.
Turmeric is good for skin since it is not only used on how to get fair skin naturally but also a smooth young radiant young looking skin. Being an antioxidant, it helps in the removal of free radicals from the skin thus protecting it against aging, wrinkles, stretch marks and skin conditions like acne and eczema.
Sunburn and tanning is one of the factors that contribute to excessive melanin production in the skin. Turmeric has been found to suitable for reversing such suntanned skin to its fair shade. Therefore, when you think of how to lighten dark knees and elbows naturally, turmeric, aloe vera and lemon juice are among the best home remedies for whitening.
Turmeric and Lemon Juice Mixture: Make a home remedy by mixing turmeric powder with lemon juice to form a thick paste. Alternatively you can mix the powder with cucumber juice instead of lemon. Apply the paste on the elbows and knees affected by dark pigmentation.
Turmeric is a natural dye and can easily stain your fingers, clothes and other contact materials such as plastics. When applied on skin before you go to bed, the sheets and pillows will get stained. Therefore morning hours is the best time to use turmeric to get rid of dark knees and elbows.
Baking Soda and Water Mixture
Add a small amount of water to the baking soda and stir the mixture. Apply the paste in a gentle circular motion. Finalize by application of a moisturizing ingredient such as Vaseline, Coconut Oil or Olive Oil. Baking soda is a natural abrasive and will make your skin soft and beautiful.
A Mixture of Lemon, Castor Oil and Glycerin
Mix the three ingredients in a bowl and thoroughly stir to mix. Apply the paste formed on the knees before bed time using your finger or a toothbrush. Lemon possess a healing property that will treat any dry and cracked skin. Oil helps in protecting the knees and elbows skin by forming a barrier. Glycerin is added since it is a moisturizer.
Sugar and Mineral Oil – Coconut Oil, Olive Oil & Castor Oil
Homemade sugar scrub can be used in promoting an even skin tone around the knees and elbows. Exfoliating is highly encouraged to get rid dead skin cells. Natural sugar is an effective natural scrub for faster outcome.
To use this method on how to get rid of dark knees and elbows, mix sugar and a mineral oil such as olive, coconut or castor oil to make a thick paste. Gently apply it on the skin in a circular motion for 5 minutes. Wash it with warm water and soap. Repeat the treatment twice per week.
How to Lighten Dark Knees and Elbows – Fast, Permanently
Here are top rated products to whiten dark patches on the knees, elbows and any other area on the skin. Read on the
Hydrogen peroxide in small quantities can be included in face masks and skin whitening ingredients to come up with faster skin whitening effect. When you mix milk, honey, papaya and hydrogen peroxide and apply on the knees and elbows, it will automatically help in the removal of uneven skin tone, dry skin patches, and age and dark spots among others skin blemishes
Utilizing a mixture of these natural ingredients is the best way on how to get rid of dark elbows and knees at home. You are however discouraged from regular application of hydrogen peroxide compound on the skin since it deter the process of blood flowing to the skin. This is one of the major side effects of hydrogen peroxide skin bleaching.
Skin Lightening Creams, Pills and Injections
These are instant ways of whitening knees and elbows. Effective whitening creams contain superior ingredients such as glutathione, alpha arbutin, kojic acid and low concentration of hydroquinone. Creams and lighten pills that contain mercury and high percentage of hydroquinone, above 2% are unsafe to use.
Skin whitening pills and injections similarly have long term side effects such as risk of constant skin diseases, cancer and allergic reactions especially if not done under medical guidance. Therefore involve a dermatologist before going for skin lightening as a method of getting rid of dark knees and elbows.
Treatment for Dark Knees and Elbows
A severe underlying medical condition can associate symptoms such as dark elbows and knees. When you try on various ways on how to get rid of dark knees and elbows and you realize no change, it is high time you consult a doctor or dermatologist.
There are medicated topical creams used for treatment of serious skin conditions. Your doctor can prescribe to you one of them. Lotions and creams for treating dark and ashy elbows and knees are available over the counter and you need to arrange with a dermatologist before using.