Is extra virgin coconut oil good for you? Read on to get more insights on the best coconut oil for face, skin and hair, health benefits. The post also explores on other uses of this natural skin ingredient including for cooking.
Health Benefits of Coconut Oil
Is coconut oil good for you? This natural oil is one of the best natural oils suitable for your overall body health. It has been proved that this oil is an outstanding ingredient in diet, skin care, face and nails among other uses. Coconut oil nutritional facts indicate that, fats composition in this oil are similar to those found in human skin. This is a major reason as to why it is used as the best cosmetic product.
The ability to get absorbed quickly and being gentle on skin make coconut oil a natural moisturizer. It contains high percentage of unsaturated fats and Vitamins A and E. These are key elements suitable for healing a dry skin on face and also getting rid of sun poisoning on face.
Extra virgin oil can be chemically processed though it remains pure. There are no other ingredients added to processed brand except water. Pure and light brands make the best coconut oil for face. Therefore you can never go wrong with this natural oil if you are planning to replenish and sooth your skin.
Being natural, you can mix it with other types of lotions without causing any harm to your skin or hair. Regular application is the best way on how to get a glowing skin without much effort. For making your nails glitter strong and healthy, this oil is all you need.
Chapped lips can be healed by application of coconut oil. This is also a way on how to get soft baby kissable lips overnight. The healing property helps in repair of the damaged skin.
Is Coconut Oil Good for Hair
Best coconut oil for face is also essential for your hair. This is a multipurpose ingredient that is applicable for all your body requirements. If you have been dreaming of a beautiful, lustrous, shiny, and silky and dandruff free hair, then try it out.
Apply on your hair before covering it with a shower cap for at least 30 minutes. Shampoo your hair and enjoy the outstanding appearance of your hair. It has high ability of penetrating you hair follicles to moisturize and nourish your hair.
You can apply while slightly warmed up to your hair, let it sit on your locks for about an hour, then shampoo and condition. Alternatively, mix one egg yolk with two tablespoons of coconut oil and a teaspoon of lemon juice. Keep this mask on your hair for about 15 minutes, then shampoo and condition. Your hair will become shinier and softer.
Coconut Oil for Skin Protection
Coconut oil for skin helps in smoothening, lightening and soothing your skin. It also helps in killing of bacteria and hence suitable for your hands, feet and body. Add little amount of this oil in water while bathing to enjoy the protection.
You can also get rid of wrinkles, dark patches on skin, age spots and blackheads by utilizing this type of natural product. While exfoliating your skin with a mixture of sugar and honey, you are recommended to apply it as a moisturizer.
Patients with very dry skin have always used extra virgin coconut oil for good results. It may sound scary to apply coconut oil on face but that is the way to go. Here is what you need to do in promoting a healthy smooth skin:
Coconut Oil for Face Masks
Mix in bowl 1 egg, 1 teaspoon of honey, 1/2 tsp of the oil and few drops of rose water. Use this as a mask for dry skin. Once applied keep it for some time, later rinse it off with warm water. Dab it dry. Alternatively, make a paste by mixing some mashed apricots and warm coconut oil. Apply this paste all over your face and leave it for 10 minutes. Wash it off with water.
Apply the paste gently as you massage your face to promote skin elasticity. It is recommended that you also incorporate it in your diet. This substance while used for cooking helps in supply of calories to the body which are easily converted to energy without complications. Soap from this natural ingredient is also the best to use for body cleaning due to its ant-oxidant property.
Best Coconut Oil for Face – Brands
While choosing the best coconut oil brand ensure that you look at the ingredients used. This will help you avoid brands that have been mixed with other chemical elements that may affect your skin. Pure drugstore coconut oil tend to be more costly compared to diluted brands.
Coconut oil can also be used as a makeup remover. When you place about two drops of extra virgin oil on the cotton face pad and apply on the makeup, it is gently removed without any harm to the skin. Utilize this especially when you are clearing makeup from areas around your eyes due to their sensitivity. Remember that coconut not only removes the makeup gently but also nourishes the skin at the same time.
Coconut Oil Nutrition Facts – Uses of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Regenerates the skin cells hence increasing skin elasticity.
- Acts as a moisturizer for dry skin and protecting of vulnerable areas.
- Extra virgin oil helps the skin to remain smooth and soft.
- Coconut oil for face masks leaves your skin rejuvenated.
- Reducing chances of skin cancer and growth of skin tumor cells.
- You can use the oil for the removal of stretchmark.
- Ant-oxidant property helps in preventing aging hence best used for keeping your skin young.
- Proven as effective in the treatment of sunburns.
- Massaging of your skin with the oil help in enhancing blood circulation.
- You can apply on lips as a lip balm to prevent them from chapping.
- You can repair you damaged hair by regular appllication.
- This natural oil is also a moisturizer for dry hair.
- Coconut oil for hair helps in the removal of dandruffs.
- Making your finger nails stronger you can apply coconut oil regularly.
- When coconut oil is mixed with lemon juice, it can be consumed to get rid of bad breath.
- You can reduce chances of breast cancer by using coconut oil for cooking.
- Diabetes can be prevent by including coconut oil in the diet.
Regardless of the numerous uses of this natural oil, you should also know how to use this natural ingredient for effective outcome. Moderate amount is recommended for consumption, do not consume in more at once. Avoid application on open wound unless directed by a doctor.
Storage of coconut oil in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight will ensure long lasting. When you store in a darker glass, due to its preservative nature it can last up to two years without spoiling. Moderate amount should be used during pregnancy and breast feeding since it can overpower the baby.
How to Make Coconut Oil for face
- You need to grow coconut trees and allow them to mature for several years before producing coconuts.
- With a piece of cloth laid on the ground, you knock down the fruits to harvest.
- Separate them with leaves and wash them in clean water.
- Crush your coconuts to form a paste including the seeds.
- Store the paste since it is ready for use.
- Mass production of oil for commercial use can be extracted using machines.
There are different companies that specialize in the making of coconut oil, they brand it in different packaging for consumers. Product prices may vary depending with the region or the suppliers. But you can obtain your best coconut oil for face, cooking, for hair or for skin from any drugstore.