What is the best skin lightening cream for African American? Get insights on the best skin lightening products that include creams, lotions and pills for lightening dark and black skin people effectively.
How to Lighten Skin – Naturally
Do you want to know how to lighten skin? There are many skin whitening treatments with different levels of effectiveness. Over the counter, you will see varieties of skin whitening products such as skin lightening pills, skin whitening injections, skin bleaching soap and natural skin lightening supplements, such as Vitamin E and Aloe vera for skin whitening and skin whitening surgery.
While thinking of how to get a smooth fair skin, choosing the best product may not be such an easy task due to failures and risks behind most of the products on the market.
You can whiten your skin in many ways, both artificial and natural methods are good but urgency and intensity may vary. Dark skin contains melanin, which is a pigment that protects it against UV radiations from the sun. Minimizing on too much exposure from sunlight can make your skin light and smooth. Keep protecting your skin using best sunscreen lotions and creams, hat and even walk under an umbrella while making long distances.
There are some food substances and diet that contributes to skin whitening and getting a fair complexion. Such food substances when consumed regularly can make your skin soft and smooth free from dead skin. Non-oily foods with more vitamin C are recommendable. Take a sufficient amount of water to keep your skin hydrated as well as carrying away accumulated chemicals and toxins.
Best Skin Lightening Cream – Reviews
Ambi Fade Cream
This is an effective product used for whitening dark and black skin. It is most cherished by many African American women due to its effectiveness in the removal of dark spots while providing an even skin tone on your body.
It is made of ingredients that are safe for your health and some of them include; Vitamin E, hydroquinone and alpha hydroxyl acids. Manufactures advise children under the age of 12 not to use this cream.
Palmers Skin Success Eventone Fade Milk
It is yet another skin bleaching cream suitable for dark skin. It also helps in healing cracked dry skin that may have occurred due to sunlight overheating, pregnancy and age spots. It is made of prime ingredients that include Vitamin E, hydroquinone and alpha hydroxyl acids. Keep creams out of reach to children under the age of 12.
Markari Skin Care
There are among the producers of the best skin lightening creams for African Americans. Their products are instant in promoting skin lightening effect. Being the safest products, they contain no elements of Quinone. Therefore the user hardly experiences side effects. Price is pocket-friendly without compromise on the quality. Go for it and you can never go wrong with it!
Meladerm® by Civant Skin Care
This not only the best skin lightening cream but as herbal. It contains natural ingredients such as mulberry, bearberry and licorice. The producers have ensured that Meladerm contains no hydroquinone hence the safest to use however the best bleaching cream for dark skin in evening out your skin complexion and tone.
Some creams should be used upon the doctor’s prescription to avoid overdose. This is due to the possibility of some side effects that can result from harsh ingredients in black skin whitening cream.
Dark Skin Whitening Bleach Bleaching Cream Lotion
This is a body whitening lotion that is gentle and effective in the reduction of dark spots and the appearance of uneven skin tone. It is packaged with 3 strong ingredients that include low percentage hydroquinone, glycolic acid and Kojic acid.
It helps in the clearing of skin blemishes within a period of 8 weeks. While using ensure you have followed the directives and provided. Sunscreen will be used along this product to prevent sun poisoning.
This lightening body lotion is designed to reduce the appearance of uneven skin tone. Gentle enough to be used on a daily basis and strong enough to work effectively. It is formulated with Hydroquinone, Glycolic Acid, and Kojic Acid, its active ingredients.
This 3-ingredient system helps to eliminate most spots within 7-8 weeks of daily usage and helps to prevent them from reappearing. Use only as directed and always use sunscreen to prevent against further sun damage.
Piona Strong Bleaching Face Cream Whitening Skin Toning Lotion
This is the best over the counter skin bleaching cream for promoting an even skin tone. It is packaged with strong ingredients that help in the removal of blemishes and promoting an even skin that is smooth and beautiful.
While using this product ensure you apply according to the instructions provided for a fast outcome. Using sun screen factor while in sun protects your skin against UV radiation from the sun which stimulates the skin to produce melanin a dark skin pigment.
Dark Skin Bleach Cream Whitening Kojic AHA Arbutin Maximum Strength
This product has been proven to lighten skin within a short period of time. It helps in preventing the skin from producing excessive melanin. It also protects the skin against darkening causative agents such as dark spots, scars and sunburn.
It is packaged with the following ingredients: Glycolic Acid (AHA), Kojic Acid, Beta Arbutin, Alpha Arbutin, Lactic Acid. Inactive De-Ionized water, [Stearic acid, cetearyl alcohol, sodium polyacrylate], Pure Jojoba Oil, Pure Emu Oil, Mango Butter (Magnifera Indica), Stearic Acid, Aloe-Vera Leaf Extract, Titanium Dioxide. Optiphen, Cucumber Fragrant Oil.
Skin Whitening Home Remedies – At Home Skin Lightening
There are natural ingredients such as lemon, vitamin E, Aloevera and turmeric that can be used for natural skin lightening. You can therefore comfortably bleach your skin using such ingredients that are much available at home. The only difference from skin whitening pills, lotions and cream are time taken for your complexion to change. Health safety becomes the main advantage of this type of skin lightening treatment. Here are some of the recipes you can try.
- On your face apply a mixture of lemon, milk and yogurt. Leave the mask for 20 to 30 minutes and rinse. Repeat for a number of days until you notice a change. Alternatively, you can apply lemon juice only and rinse after the mentioned period of time.
- Mix cucumber juice, lemon juice and apply overnight. Rinse in the morning with a lot of water. Several times should lead to a change in your skin complexion. You can opt to use cucumber juice only.
- Heat some honey and let it cool for 3o minutes. Apply on the face and rinse after 30 minutes. Repeat for several days to observe dark spot and black complexion disappearing.
- A tomato cut into two halves can be applied on the face and rinse after 20 minutes. Alternatively, you can use sliced pieces of raw potatoes and your skin will lighten.
- In a container mix equal amounts of turmeric, olive oil and chickpea flour. Stir to form a pate and apply as a mask on your face. Give it 20 minutes before you rinse.
Study the reviews to know about the ingredients, price and rating before deciding on a product. There is no guarantee on the effectiveness of the best skin lightening creams over the counter. Different people react in different ways to some of the ingredients.
Skin Whitening Cream Side Effects – Risks and Dangers
There are many dangers of skin lightening creams reported and observed among many users. According to dermatologists, skin bleaching creams can only be safe when prescribed by a specialist. “Unfortunately, many skin-lightening creams contain illegal compounds that can damage your health,” [Indy Rihal of the British Skin Foundation]. “The most common compounds are high-dose steroids.”
Hydroquinone is also a chemical substance available in most of the skin whitening products. This is a bleaching agent that can also be risky to the body health of the user. Steroids are fine when used in correct doses. “Unmonitored use of high-dose steroids can lead to many problems,” [Rihal]. “Patients are often very distressed by the results of skin-lightening creams.”
Not all creams you obtain over the counter are chemically proven as safe. It is only a GP or a dermatologist who can prescribe the right cream to use. Among the risks associated with wrong skin products include:
- Risk of permanent skin bleaching or lightening
- Redness and skin irritations
- Uneven toning and color change hence blotchy looks
- Thinning of skin hence risk of cancer cases.
- Prolonged using of skin lighteners may lead to premature skin aging.
- Some skin lightening products contain steroids that may make your skin prone to infections and skin conditions such as acne.
- Creams with too much hydroquinone of more than 2% may harm your skin.
- There is a high possibility of allergic reactions resulting from both chemical bleaching agents and natural ingredients as well.
Tips on How to Select the Best Skin Whitening Cream – Precautions & Safety
Here are the tips and clues that will enable you to safely land on an effective skin lightening cream.
- Involve a doctor while deciding on using skin lighteners. The dermatologist will advise on the best product to go for.
- Ensure your skin whitening agent does not contain mercury. While reading about the ingredients used, avoid products that contain ingredients like calomel, mercurio, mercuric or mercurous since they are alternative names for mercury.
- Products that are packaged with hydroquinone must state the percentage. Anything above 2% can be harmful to your skin and hence avoid it.
- Study the ingredients utilized in the cream. Hydroquinone, Mercury and lead are harmful elements to your skin.
- Natural ingredients such as glutathione, Vitamin E, Kojic Acid and natural antioxidants are highly recommended for skin bleaching.
- Go through reviews to see the rating of the product by those who have used it before.
- The product must be able to correct skin blemishes such as pigmentation, dark spots, acne scars and moles.
- Your best over the counter skin lightening cream must state some of the side effects after using the product.
- The product should be ideal for all skin types, that is, suitable for sensitive skin, and if not it should be clearly stated.
- Involve a skin specialist for you to be certain of the positive outcome following the use of any new product on the market.
Skin Whitening Cream Ingredients
This component is effective in the treatment of skin discolorations. The users have to avoid sunlight as their skin can tan. The use of this component can make one be very sensitive to UVA and UVB rays. It is not the best component for best skin lightening cream
This is the primary topical ingredient that inhibits the production of melanin and it also has antioxidant properties. It comes in 2% and 4% concentrations and in combination with tretinion 0.05% to 0.1%. The combination of the two prevents the sun induced hormone melasma.
This component is also a strong inhibitor in melanin production thus it can prevent the dark skin from making the substance for the skin color. The negative reaction of this component is minor as per the studies. It is the best skin lightening cream component.
Derived from the leaves of bearberry and is also present in most pears. It also has melanin-inhibiting properties. Studies have shown the efficiency of this component on skin lightening. There are patents that have control over it on the skin.
Therefore avoid complications by conducting a dermatologist or a GP to prescribe you the best skin lightening cream for your skin complexion and tone.
- How Do Skin Lighteners Work: http://www.webmd.com/beauty/face/skin-lightening-products?page=2
- Skin Lightening Products: http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautypedia-skin-care-reviews/best-skin-care-products/Skin-Care/Skin-Lightening-Products
- Is There A Natural Skin Lightening Cream For African Americans: https://www.illuminatural6i.com/info/natural-skin-lightening-cream-african-americans/
- Skin Lightening Cream for Black Skin: http://www.skindiscolorationsolutions.org/skin-lightening-cream-for-black-skin/
You May Also Like: