What cause pimple on eyebrows? Get insights on the reasons for pimples between eyebrow, under eyelids, spots, acne, live, pain and how to get rid fast using the best home remedies and treatments.
Pimple on Eyebrow Causes
Cystic pimples can occur anywhere on the face, chin and cheeks being the most common areas. However, some people both males and females are also prone to developing bumps on their eyebrows and eyes. Some of the reasons why these pimples develop are the same as to why they occur on the cheeks and chin.
A pimple on eyebrow area can change the facial appearance. As per the natural positioning of the face, there may not be much to conceal it. We explore this and other related issues such as swollen under or above eye, swollen piercing and many more to see what can be done and how to avoid such conditions.
Here are some of the main reasons for eyebrow pimples:
Allergic reactions may be accompanied by an inflammation of the sinus. When you use facial and cosmetics products that contain ingredients that are harmful to your skin which is sensitive, a swelling may arise on the eyebrows.
This can be a new brand of eye shadow or eye pencil. Getting into contact with things your skin is allergic to could as well cause allergy.
Treatment: When faced with this kind of situation, you may apply a cold compress to help soothe the inflammation.
In case it does not go away with time, you talk to your doctor on the matter so that they can administer relevant treatment.
The eyebrow area is made up of hairs which some people especially ladies may trim to increase their beauty. Eyebrow hair shaping processes can result in a pimple on eyebrow area. You are in a position to develop a bump after plucking and waxing of the eyebrows. Shaving can on the other hand result in ingrown hairs which in the end cause formation of bumps and swelling around the affected area.
Treatment: you can avoid remaining hair on the area, or if it is a must, do it in the right way. You may treat the pimple on eyebrow by use of normal pimple treatment like warm compress and use home remedies.
Infections can take advantage due to many reasons on the eyebrows area. Where infections are the cause of swelling, the problem may occur on one or both eyes. This may manifest itself as plain swelling or a pimple on eyebrows. The main causes of infections on the eyebrow area could be piercings and ingrown hairs.
An injury to the area may also result to a pimple. It is therefore not a surprise to have a bump on your eyebrows after being hit by something. Where this is the case, refrain from handling the area as this could spread the infection further.
Avoid using hair removal, makeup and facial washes until the infection resolves. Where the infection is fungal, you may notice redness, itching and some elevated patches of plaques. If the infection persists, there may be loss of eyebrow hairs and scarring. Such infections can be treated using antifungal creams. Where they are severe, an oral drug may be administered.
Applying a piercing on the eyebrow can cause a pimple to develop on the area. This is will occur after it develops an infection due to poor aftercare activities. It is usually revealed with pain, drainage and bleeding from the bump.
Treatment: in case an infection occurs, it can be better if you consult and seek the opinion of your piercer to see whether to remove the piercing and how to best take care of the hole so that it does not close up.
Thyroid problems – Hyperthyroidism and Hypothyroidism
An over active thyroid may cause puffy eyelids, pimple and bulging of the eyebrows. Sometime, an under active thyroid gland affects the growth of body hair. A mature symptom of hypothyroidism is the thinning of eyebrows. These conditions can cause a pimple on eyebrows as one of the symptoms.
Symptoms of pimple on eyebrows
Those pimples that develop on the eyebrows may be experienced differently depending on the person experiencing the problem. These symptoms may involve the following:
- Some tend to get numerous bumps in the form of red or white pimples on eyebrows that may or may not be filled with pus.
- For some individuals, they may experience a single hard pimple like cyst between the eyebrows that is tender and painful to touch.
- Some people experience small papules which are either red or red with a white center.
How to avoid Pimples on Eyebrows – Self Help
Prevention of this pimples may involve a number of self-care measures can be taken to reduce formation a pimple on eyebrows. They may involve the following:
- You can follow a cleansing, toning, moisturizing routine as you pay special attention to the bump on the eyebrow. On the other hand, use mild creamy cleansers to control the infection.
- Anti – bacterial soap with tea tree oil has been known to be highly effective for treating cystic bumps that occur on the face. You can use it.
- Bentonite clay masks can help as well, especially if you are affected with pimples regularly. These masks help clear the pores by removing blackheads that cause the pimple.
- Use over-the-counter pimple creams containing benzoyl peroxide, sulfur or salicylic acid, are also known to dry up the bumps lesion and prevent permanent scars.
- Make your own cleanser at home using pure extra virgin olive oil and Lavender essential oil. This is useful remedy on bumps for people with dry skin. Mix a few drops of both the oils and apply all over the face. You can then wash off after 10 minutes using warm water and regular cleanser. Alternatively, let the oils remain on the face overnight. Lavender oil helps soothe inflammation while olive oil settles the bumps by providing anti- microbial action.
- Prevent new pimples from forming between the eyebrows by stopping the use of new cosmetics and makeups. If required opt for non-acne genic or non-comedogenic products only.
- Wash your pillow cases and sheets regularly.
- Wash and clean your sunglasses or spectacles.
- Avoid piercing the eyebrow area or practise good after-care activities.
How to get rid of Pimple between Eyebrows Fast
Removal of that pimple or zit that has formed in between your eyebrows can be done at home. In most cases this is possible if the underlying cause is a mild. For severe cases, you may need to see a doctor for proper care and treatment.
Here are some of the ways on how to remove pimple on the eyebrow area.
- Cleanse skin. Using of a mild cleanser to clean the skin surface off dirt as well as the debris. Use a small amount of hydrogen peroxide cleanser using a clean piece of cotton ball or square to the bump and then Neosporin to ward off infection.
- Warm compress. Take a warm shower or even a bath or use a very warm washcloth over the area of skin for about 10 minutes. The heat assists to soften skin, relax the pimple on eyebrows and help the pimple head to come to the surface.
- Exfoliate area if not infected. While in the shower use a mild exfoliator, a sugar scrub for the body, or one that is especially for the face if it is a facial pimple or acne. Work product using the fingertips in the small circles around bump so as to loosen debris and the dead skin. Then rinse the area completely.
- Remove hair. If the pimple is caused by ingrown hair, find the side of the hair that has grown into skin, not where the hair is growing from. However, try to gently get rid of the hair out by holding skin around it, and then scrap a cotton swab in the opposite direction where the hair is growing.
Salt exfoliation: Salt not only helps in the exfoliation, but also increases the blood circulation to help ingrown hair to come out. Here is how to use salt and water solution to get rid of ingrown hair above your eyebrows.
- Take about 2 teaspoons of salt and then mix it with about 1 cup of warm water.
- Dip a cotton ball into the solution and then dab it on the affected area.
- Do not wipe it off.
Pimple between Eyebrows won’t go away
There are times that you may develop a pimple on your eyebrows that will not go away with any kind of home treatment around you. For these case, you have to visit your doctor who will have to diagnose the cause of the bump and offer the best treatment to clear of the pimple. The eyebrow area is very sensitive, so it is very important to be very cautious with the kind of treatment that you apply on that bump.
What to be done
You can try the use of aloe vera over the spot continuously straight from shower, through the night and as much as you can during the day until it forms a strong whitehead.
Do not pop this whitehead. These pimples that don’t go away take a while to build up their whitehead and popping it too early will result in an angry inflamed pimple on eyebrows.
Let the aloe vera to completely suck out all the gunk, give it a few days of application while it’s still in whitehead form. Thereafter you can pop.
Pimple under Eyebrow Swollen
A swollen eyebrow involves the area surrounding the eyes and between the eyebrows. The swelling may be accompanied by irritation, itch and especially in case of infections. The severity of the swelling depends on its causes. Treating a swelling or pimple around the eyebrow will also be determined by the cause of the bump.
Swollen Eyebrow Pimple
In case a tiny spot on the eyebrow appears to be swollen, this could be a pimple. These may form when there is dead skin cells, oil and bacteria around the hair follicles. When you develop a pimple, you should resist squeezing it out as it could cause the bacteria to get trapped deeper into the skin, and also leave you with acne marks and scars.
However, you can use home remedies for pimple on eyebrows as well as over the counter treatments. If possible, avoid the use of makeup on the pimple. Where you have to, only use a small amount of concealer makeup to avoid piling up more impurities on it.
Swollen Eyebrows from Piercing
Also there is a possibility that your eyebrows area may swell after a piercing. Here, an eyebrow swelling will be experienced within the first week of the procedure. During this time, the hole will keep getting better. However, in other cases within the eyebrow piercing healing period, infections can take advantage. This can cause an irritation and swelling thereafter.
It is important to carry proper after care to avoid this from arising. Also ensure that you only use metals you are used to, to avoid allergic reactions. The initial piercing ring should remain intact until the area is completely healed, which can take up to eight weeks.
Swollen Eyebrow Treatment
A kind of treatment given to a swollen pimple on eyebrows depends on a number of conditions. Where the cause is an injury resulting from trauma, some suturing may be needed in case the injury is worse. If it is minor, some topical treatment may be helpful. They can be acquired over the counter or one can make use of home remedies.
Swellings as a result of sinus problems, piercings or contact dermatitis require the treatment of the underlying cause if they are to be eliminated. For bacterial infection, you may use anti-bacterial drugs.
Eyebrow Pimple Pain
A person can get a pimple on the eyebrow hair after shaving, waxing or tweezing eyebrows. This is due to ingrown hairs, which can be deep and cause pain. On the other hand, one may develop a cyst, bump and even an infection. Let us look on ways on how to remove, treat and get rid of deep ingrown hair between eyebrows.
What a painful pimple on eyebrows?
An ingrown eyebrow hair or trans-follicular penetration occurs when the hairs grow back in the skin and therefore do not resurface to the exterior. This problem can lead to the skin irritation and the appearance of lumps that can even result to an infection if not treated in time, which is usually identified with sharp pain. An ingrown hair on eyebrows should be handled and treated with care.
Causes of an ingrown hair on eyebrows
This problem is very common among the women. The main reason for the women being more subjected to this condition is that they frequently apply hair removal methods to shape their eyebrows. When the eyebrow hair grows back, the follicles can grow inwards at times when hair is not extracted from its root. This condition is medically referred to as trans-follicular penetration.
When does this occur?
- The risk of the ingrown hair will increase when the eyebrow hair is cut at very sharp angles or even cut edge of hair is left underneath the skin.
- Your hair is made of a protein known as keratin. It passes through the hair follicles and then breaks through the skin.
- In other cases the hair grows when slanted into the skin instead of the normal breaking through horizontally.
When all this occurs it is considered as ingrown hairs. Also, ingrown hairs may develop when the hair curls backwards instead of way it is supposed to push out through the skin. When the hair is trapped within the skin it leads to inflammation, pain and even irritation at the site.
Acne between Eyebrows Liver
You are to observe carefully at where you are breaking out. There is a theory called face mapping that suggests that, location of your pimple could present clues about the underlying cause of it. Traditional Chinese medicine, for example, maintains that a weakness or toxicity in a body organ or gland can result in acne showing up in certain areas of the skin. You can use this theory to do some detective work on your breakouts.
Acne between eyebrows meaning
Let us look at the pimple on eyebrows meaning when it comes to Chinese theory of face mapping. Be aware that this is not scientifically been proven.
Did you at any point break down and get fast food yesterday? Greasy, fatty foods may be connected to acne that form on your eyebrows. Stick with healthy choices as much as you can! Another possible cause could be too much alcohol. If you find pimples here after a night out where you consumed a few drinks, which may be your issue.
The organ that could be having problems in your body is the liver. This is because these it is the first intermediary in the body to deal with the toxicity from these fast foods and alcohol. The toxic food or drink may cause the liver to strain in dealing with the contents in them hence cause it some problems.
How to get rid of acne between Eyebrows Overnight
Are you desperate on knowing how to get rid of a pimple overnight? However, there are numerous natural as well as conventional remedies that will help you heal your pimples as soon as possible. Here, we will help you know or discover ways on how to get rid of pimples between your eyebrows overnight.
Home Remedies – at Home Treatments include:
It is usually used as a quick remedy to get rid of pimple overnight. You just need to wrap an ice cube in a piece of cloth and apply it on your pimple on eyebrows for about 20-30 seconds.
Repeat the process 2 or 3 times in a day to reduce the swelling of your bump considerably as it helps to freeze the pores and removes dirt and oil easily. For solutions on how to get rid of a red pimple fast then this ice remedy will surely give the best results. Do not use this remedy in case your skin is sensitive as it may cause a burning sensation.
Manuka honey and tea tree oil
It will also serve as excellent home remedies to get rid of bumps overnight. Apply either of these natural cures after washing the face. This treatment usually works well in case of minor pimples.
White toothpaste (not gel)
When it comes to zits, it is quite a popular home treatment for this problems. For this, apply some toothpaste on the pimples before bed time and let it remain on the face overnight. Wash your face the next morning and you will realize a great deal of improvement in your pimples. The toothpaste should remain on the bump for at least half an hour. The mint based toothpaste usually dries out pimples and hence heals them quickly.
Lemon juice can be a great help for you as it has anti- bacterial and anti – histamine properties to help fight the bacterial infection. In fact, applying lemon juice on the affected area is one of the simplest ways of curing Pimples.
Just apply some fresh lemon juice on your pimple on eyebrows before going to bed and let it dry overnight. Those bumps would surely become much less noticeable or even disappear completely the next day.
Honey and cinnamon face mask
Prepare this face mask by mixing some honey and cinnamon powder to form a sticky paste. Then, apply this mixture on the face overnight and wash it off in the morning. Moreover, this pleasant smelling mixture takes might take an unpleasant amount of time to treat acne.
How to get rid of a pimple on eyebrows overnight using over the counter medicines
Acne products that contain benzyl peroxide and salicylic are highly recommended for curing this Acne. Read the instructions on the medicine carefully before using it on your body. Do not over apply these products and follow the directions cautiously.
If acne products do not provide desired results and you are still intent on finding out how to get rid of the pimple overnight, you can also try sulphur masks. Try not to leave a sulphur mask on your face overnight unless specifically indicated on the drug packaging.
You May Also Like:
- How to Remove Eyelash Extensions
- Castor Oil for Eyelashes, benefits, Side Effects
- Do Eyelashes Grow Back, if Cut, Burnt
- How to Put on Fake Eyelashes
- How to Get Longer Eyelashes Overnight
- Eyelash Mites Causes, Symptoms, Pictures
- Ingrown Eyelash, Causes, How to Fix
- Repeated pimples: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/331135-pimple-under-eyebrow-that-wont-go-away/
- Treating cystic acne between eyebrows: http://www.adult-acne.net/treating-cystic-acne-between-the-eyebrows-and-eyes/
- Face mapping: http://www.annmariegianni.com/face-mapping/
- How to get rid of eyebrows pimples: http://www.speedyremedies.com/how-to-get-rid-of-a-pimple-overnight.html