What causes bags under eyes? Get more insights on how to get rid of bags under your eyes using the best treatment cream, at home remedies and natural ways that are effective for kids, women, teenagers and men.
Bags under eyes, dark circles under eyes and puffy eyes are common problems among most people including kids and teenagers. Although, they don’t implicate any serious medical condition, they can associate symptoms that can lead to chronic facial skin blemished and bad appearance of the eyes.
There are no clear source of these conditions but various factors are associated to the causes. Fortunately, there are various ways on how to get rid of bags under eyes that have been certified to be working in the removal of bags under eyes. Before looking at them it is wise to begin by knowing the causes of these dark bags under eyes.
Bags under eyes – Meaning and Symptoms
This refers to the condition of mild swelling or puffiness under the eyes. This is due to the weakening of the muscles and tissues that support the eyelids. Fluids or fats can also accumulate at the skin under the eyes making it to appear swollen and puffy. Age is the main cause though young people are also susceptible due to other causative agents.
As said bags under eyes raises a great cosmetic concern though medically it is not associated with any serious problem. Major symptoms include mild swelling around the eyes, loose sagging skin at the eyelids, dark circles under eyes.
As much this condition is termed as harmless, there are chronic cases characterized by severance and persisting of the symptoms for long period of time, formation of redness, irritation and itching. It is possible for the symptoms to spread to the rest of the body hence recommended to seek medical attention.
Before subjected to the best treatment for bags under eyes, the doctor will have to conduct a thorough examination and diagnosis to identify the causes. This will provide a leeway in the launch of an effective removal method and guidelines to prevent any further occurrences.
What Causes Bags Under Eyes
- Age: When people age the skin loose collagen and elastin fibers that provides support for the muscles which hold eyelids in place. This makes the skin under the eyes to appear sagging and loosened. Age is the major cause of bags under eyes and people above 30 years can highly susceptible.
- Hereditary: There people who inherit genes responsible for under eye bags from their parents. That is why children and teenagers may be victims to this condition. When either of your parent has the genes then chances are you can also have them.
- Weather Condition: Fluids can be retained in the area under eyes due to extreme weather conditions. Too cold or hot weather can definitely lead to the formation of bags under your eyes.
- Pregnancy: During this type women experience extreme hormonal changes in their body. Such variation can easily cause bags to form under the eyes.
- Sleeping Posture: People who sleep flat on their back have high tendency of developing bags under their eyes compared to their counterparts who sleep on side or stomach. Such position allows retention of liquids in the area below the eyelids.
- Insomnia: Lack of enough sleep can lead to this condition. Sleep makes eyes to appear swelling and puffy due to more blood circulation in the skin below the eyes.
- Allergies: Body’s reaction to some substances such as cosmetic products, food materials and toxic gases leads to production of histamine a substance that can cause eyes to become puffy.
Bags Under Eyes Surgery – FAQ
When the doctor diagnose the symptoms and realize your condition is chronic, he or she can recommend for bags under eyes surgery as a method of treatment. Before breaking the news to you it is advisable to ask him or her some questions that can make you come to terms with the decision. Here are some of the fast answer question that will help you prepare for your appointment.
- Why do I have bags under my eyes?
- Are the bags mild or chronic?
- What is an alternative treatment for curing the condition besides surgery?
- How much does the surgery cost?
- What should I do at home to prevent further bags under eyes?
The doctor should be able to provide short answers to the asked questions. On the other hand he or she will also ask you some questions that will help him build a strong report and recommendations for your treatment. Among the questions to expect from the doctor include:
- When did the condition begin?
- How long the symptoms does persisted?
- What was your attempt on how to get rid of bags under eyes?
- Do you concur with the agreed method of removal?
When you sign an agreement form the doctor will refer you to the surgery room where blepharoplasty will be carried out. After all the preparations the surgeon will go on to chop just area below the crease or somewhere inside the lower eyelid. Excessive fats that causes eyelid skin surging will be cut and removed. Tissues will be triggered to become firm and stitches will follow to end the incision.
During the blepharoplasty, puffy upper eyelids may be corrected. If there is excess skin at both the lids, it will also be repaired. There are those patients with droopy lower eyelids that expose the colored part of the eyes. This is the time to ensure those white showing below the iris has been rectified.
How to Get Rid of Bags Under Eyes – Best Treatment, Fix or Reduce
It is true that bags under eyes are a major cosmetic concern. As much as there is no specific causes, so does a specific treatment for most of the cases. However, surgery and special medical concern can be launched if the condition is chronic. The best treatment is when you address the factor that cause the eyes to be puffy.
For instance, when the welling is due to sleeping, then you need to have enough sleep and also in the right posture. For allergic causes, you can avoid any use or contact with substances that lead to such reactions. There are also over the counter antihistamine drugs you can use to ease the condition.
Some of the best creams for the treatment of dark circles under eyes, wrinkles and skin blemishes can also be used in the treatment of bags under eyes. Other skin treatments such as laser resurfacing and certified chemical peels can be used under a dermatologist prescription.
How to Remove Bags Under Eyes Naturally – Home Remedies
Find out here on how to get rid of bags under your eyes using natural ways that are safest and gentle on your skin. Remember natural methods require patience and you have to try several times before getting the final results. They include the following:
- Raw Potatoes: Slice a raw potato into two pieces and place in a refrigerator to cool. After 15 minutes take the pieces and lay down facing up to place them against your closed eyes and rest for 15 minutes. The bags will reduce in size and finally disappear. Alternatively you can use cool pieces of cucumber or chilled green tea bags.
- Chilled Milk: Using a cotton pad dipped in chilled milk apply on your puffy eyes and relax for 15 minutes. Water retention in your eyes will get enhanced and they will calm down.
- Taking water: Take enough amount of water immediately you look in the mirror and notice puffy eyes. Water helps in caring away toxins and your swelling eyelids will reduce.
- Iced steel spoons. Place two spoons in a glass containing water and place in a freezer overnight. Wake up in the morning and take your iced spoons to place then against your eyelids for 15 minutes before application of your best make up and concealer.
- Egg Whites: Beat egg whites in a glass stiffly and apply on your eyelids. After 15 minutes, you will notice that the area around your eyes has become tight hence reducing puffy appearance.
How to Get Rid of Bags Under Eyes – Best Under Eye Concealer
You can help reduce and remove bags under eyes using some of the best under eye concealer for dark circles. It is good to know how to apply the concealer for quick and effective outcome. First, begin by the application of your best under eye cream and give it 5 or 6 minutes to dry. Next pat on your best under eye concealer that matches your skin tone perfectly. To create the glamour top with a layer of powder.
Therefore besides learning on how to get rid of bags under eyes, you can also look at how to get rid of dark circles under eyes since the two conditions have similar symptoms and also same methods of treatment, removal and home remedies.