Reading this article will give you firsthand information about your facial skin care in relation to hives. You will be able to tell what hives are, and what causes hives among most people Best hives treatment has also been discussed in the post.
Various hives symptoms have been looked at that will enable you to tell whether you have contracted. More information on how to deal with hives from stress has also dealt with comprehensively.
What are Hives – Meaning
Hives is also regarded as Urticaria, nettle rash or welts a condition in which the skin gets infected with raised itchy and red pale bumps. This could be due either allergic reactions, stress among many other causes. This kind of rash can affect any part of the body either in small patches or a large section.
In most cases, this condition does not last for long but under incase of acute type them it can last as long as five to six weeks. Chronic hives takes more time to disappear and therefore requires persistent medical attention. Anyone regardless of gender, age or sex can contract hives although history has shown that it is most common in children and women.
Hives can further develop to a more complex infection known as angioedema. This is characterized by intense swelling of the beneath skin and other body organs like the eyes, lips and even the genitals, throat, ears, hands, feet among other parts. The swelling normally happens beneath the skin and it may take few hours to disappear or more long depending with the individual’s body resistance and fighting.
Angioedema should be addressed with urgency since the affection of vital body organs like the lungs and tongue can happen resulting to breathing difficulties. Therefore for such a case an immediate and urgent hives treatment ought to be done.
Urticaria is caused as a result of Histamine production by the body secretion. This chemical substance causes the leakage of blood to the tissues hence causing the swellings and the itchy red bumps on the skin. Histamine is secreted as a body response to some factors and they include the following:
- Emotional and physical stress
- Food and drugs chemical substances such as nuts, chocolate, food additives
- Infections like influenza and hepatitis B
- Extreme weather conditions, too cold or too hot.
- Contact with irritants and chemicals like latex
- Exposure to the sunlight that causes skin heating
- Poisonous bites and stings by insects like the dust mites
- Some chronic diseases like thyroid
- Natural disasters like the floods, hurricanes and war. They contribute to outbreak of the causative agents.
- Some parasites both internal and external. Like the intestinal parasites and others from pets.
- Some plants that are poisonous like the stinging nettle.
- Medications such as aspirin and other antibiotics.
However, basing on these causes various hives treatment are being devised to curb the condition.
Different Types of Hives
It lasts for a period of less than five or six weeks. It is mostly caused by chemical substances in medications and food substances. Other infections and poisonous insect bites and stings are also causative agents. Few people with this condition experience angioedema.
Most common foods that you eat daily can cause acute urticarial and therefor it is a good idea you get medical examination to at testify the kind of food relevant to your body. Also the most used drugs by people like the pain killers among other are liable for this condition.
The symptoms are long lasing and they may persist for over six weeks. This type occurs beneath the skin and causes swelling of both external and internal organs. It is not yet identified the exact cause of the chronic hives. But many associate it to the individual’s body immune capacity.
This type of urticarial occurs at a specific point area of the skin resulted from a direct stimulation effect. The main causes are direct contact to the extreme environmental conditions such as sunlight, too cold or hot weather, pressure and vigorous body exercises. Dermatographism may occur from the scratching of the skin and is a type of physical urticarial.
- Redness of the skin and pink bumps formation
- Sharp skin itching and irritations
- Difficulties in breathing
- Vomiting and diarrhea
- Swelling of body parts like the eye
- Rapid beating of the heart.
- Swelling of internal body organs like the tongue and the throat.
- Feeling pressure, dizziness and too much anxiety.
Hives ought to be treated especially when the condition is chronic. Hives treatment is essentially to relieve the pain and drowsy feeling experienced by the patients. In most cases hives disappear on their own. The following are some of the ways for the hives treatment.
Antihistamines are prescribed for the hives treatment since they counter the production of histamine. Histamine is the major cause of the hives and in causes the blood vessels to leak hence causing the welling and redness of the affected body organs. This drugs are available over the counter and should be obtained under the doctor’s advice and prescriptions. They are known to have some side effects like the drowsiness. Examples of the antihistamine available for hives treatment include diphenhydramine, Loratadine, Fexofenadine and Cyproheptadine. There are also many other types of antihistamines and they have different degree of side effects. While planning to shop or obtain these drugs necessary medication advice and examination need to be done by a specialist or a physician for the right prescription.
They are very effective in the hives treatment though not for the acute and long lasting cases. They contain anti-inflammation and antibacterial agents and therefore reduces the short term effects. They are also administered under doctor’s prescription. Antidepressants are also used for the hives treatment since stress and depression can be the major cause of the urticarial.
Creams and Lotions
There are some products that are manufactured and they have the capacity to carry our hives treatment. They are deemed not much effective since they are external in usage. Urticaria affects both internal and external organs of the body and external application of creams and lotions may not be the perfect hives treatment idea. Itching and swelling can be quenched by this approach easily.
Chronic hives might not be easily get curbed by the antihistamines. Angioedema requires adrenaline injection accompanied by some cortisone medication. Oral cortisone can be prescribed for the hives treatment when the condition looks much severe.
Hives Home Remedies
Hives treatment may not be available to manage an emergency situations. The following at home techniques can help to manage hives.
- Application of cold and wet piece of cloth at the affected area can help ease the situation. Ice cubes can as well be used instead.
- Your sleeping room should be free from insects like the spiders and mosquitoes. Dust mites can cause hives and keeping away from them can prevent the contraction.
- Patients with hives ought to avoid tight fitting clothes. They increase the chances of the spreading.
- Application of Aloe Vera gel can help in getting rid of the hives. This natural product has both anti- inflammation and antibiotics agents. It therefore eliminates the poisonous effect from the body hence easing the situation.
In conclusion, it is advisable to be watchful on your skin and any feeling and experience that may potent the symptoms mentioned in this article. You ought to seek for the hives treatment and further doctors’ advice among other prescriptions. It is important to note that hives can affect any body organ.